Friday 31 August 2012

Blast from the past

Last week I was on holiday with my family revisiting some of the places we used to go as children. My brother has done a fantastic blog post on this HERE which also has some very old pictures with yours truly in them.
I had to find out these old photos for him and scan them in. While doing this I came across some cool photos of a very young chap :)

Making Daleks out of junk since 1990



A big plastic bowl, a bathmat, card board, plastic pots, a basket, chair, bamboo sticks, a funnel and copius amounts of sticky tape = Dalek.
I think I must be around 7 years old in these photos. This is pretty typical of what you would find me doing when I was a kid. Making stuff has always been a big part of my life. Being influenced by TV and Movies I would always make things so I could authentically act out my favourite roles in what ever it was that I would have been obsessing about at the time.

I think I must have started making this and realised I didn't have the materials to make an actual costume so I settled for the next best thing.

This next photo has always puzzled me silly. 


How the hell is my head bent up in that bowl????? It looks like I'm bending it right back?!?!?
Either way I must of been happy as Larry running around in my Dalek Helmet!

Anyway, I was a bit of a weird kid and it seems things never change ;)



1 comment:

  1. Lol @ the bath mat. Deffo the next best thing. I still cant believe how tidy our old room looks either.

    ReplyDelete