Sunday 22 September 2013

Autumn already?

Good day to you!

How has it gotten to Autumn already?!?!?!? This year is going so ridiculously fast. Slow down will ya!!


A few bits and pieces to show in this update.

I did a fairly quick sculpt of a chap that I've been wanting to design for a while. I was going to draw him up but instead I decided to sculpt him. I think it probably took a tiny bit longer than drawing it  but not by that much and I think I will start doing more of these concept sculpts instead of drawing them.Although knowing me I'll probably end up doing both :)
I'm quite happy with how he turned out but I think next time I'd definitely push his expression a lot more.

 I'm just calling him "Cigar Guy" for the moment

Digital paint job

Turn around video

VIMEO link

SHAPE BEASTIES
I've been going over notes from the character design course I did last year. I'm revisiting some of the exercises and the first is shape and shape language. I did these wee beasties

Starting point

Finished beasties


I did these other monsters but forgot to take a screenshot of the shapes.


It's a very fun and rewarding exercise and highly advise people to have a go. Just draw some shapes and have some fun!!

PRINTS!!!!

I got quite a lovely response to these from everyone and I had a few requests for prints.
So I looked into it and set up a store over on Society 6 where you can now buy a few of these and many more.


Today (22nd September, midnight pacific time) is the last day that you can get free shipping
Using this link http://society6.com/stopmotionben/prints?promo=ca2e16

I think they do this promotion every now and then so I'll be sure to post on here it happens again :)

 

So that's it for the moment. I have to get back to work!! I hope everyone is well and being awesome!!!

Oh and here's a bonus doodle, a little test I did with some of the default brushes available in Photoshop cs6. They have some very nice textures to them.


1 comment:

  1. Cool sculpt. Judging by the size of his cigar, I reckon he's top dog.

    I like your beasties. Looks like fun. Will have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete