Thursday 8 October 2009

New idea summary

After talking about my first idea, I found that it was going to be quite complicated to do within the time we have. I have given myself a set amount of sets and characters too have in my film to enable me too spend time on them and make them look as professional as possible. At first I looked at adapting a children's story but after a lot of looking and reading, I couldn't find anything that would stick to my set criteria.

After talking with one of my class mates, he suggested I turned one of my songs in to an animation. This sparked a light in my head and I instantly thought of a song I wrote in 2004 called 'Phoenix from flames' The song was written for my grandad who taught me all about birds and got me into ornithology and wildlife. This film will also be dedicated to him as he sadly passed away in april 2007. The song can be heard HERE
The lyrics are:

" A walk in the woods should be easier than this, but were on a mission to find the phoenix, I'm armed with the secret of where it may be. You've got the camera, the films loaded and read.

Chorus= Please rise from the ashes and become those beautiful flames and show us how its done and burn the fear in our eyes or we'll fade out to black out again.

When we get there too that secret place we found that someone was watching whispering our names. and there it was down by the creak in betweeen the dark old oak trees, a grave of ashes. Letting the pattern repeat.

Chorus= Please rise from the ashes and become those beautiful flames and show us how its done and burn the fear in our eyes or we'll fade out to black out again.

So take out camera and get in frame. And keep that trigger finger ready cus it's time for our phoenix to rise from it's flames.
And we've seen it with our own eyes, they say that cameras dont lie. Please let the development go alright so our picture will turn out just fine "

The lyrics seem a bit cheesy and inconsistent looking back at them after five years have passed but I feel there is a good idea in there.

I have turned this into a story called 'Phoenix from flames' Slightly based from my song. It wont be an animated music video but a short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment